Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anti-what?

Descent weekend. Went to a friends house after work today to dance to Miley Cyrus's Hoedown Throwdown, got kidnapped by her friends and went to her batchlorette party.

Had our team building at my boss' house, BBQ and Pool.

All the while hanging out with strangers as well as a few people from work at the B-party as well as the team building with everyone and their significant others, my boss asked me why I was anti-social.

WHOA!!! Wait what?!?!? This blew my mind on the way home after I had been thinking about it for a few hours. I was well I would never say popular in high school but I knew a ton of people and had a bunches of friends and I was never "shy" no where near "Anti-social" 

I believe it has come down to when I allowed myself (the old me, the one that I liked) to die. The person I was from Birth to 17. That Cheryl died after I had and gave up Olivia. Since I have looked for her, worked so hard to get her back....I just can't be that person anymore.  I miss her (Olivia as well as the part of me that died) everyday. What I wouldn't give to have them both back.

Depression has been consuming me for 3 1/2 years. I've been thinking of finally seeing a therapist. Or possibly even the pastor at my new church....though I'm still new and I think it would be really awkward.....in due time I suppose.

I have become more open on who I tell my story to. I think that helps a little. I hate feeling as though I have a secret. It just takes so long to answer "Do you have kids" Yes but No.

Oh well.

No comments: