Saturday, May 09, 2009

3 In One Office?!?

I don't think I've written about this before.....meh if I have. After I transferred back to F.W. I found that one of the guys I work with is a birth father. It blew my mind! After talking about it a few times I learned that guys don't take it the same as girls....which also royally pissed me off. When I ask him if he has received any new pictures of his Daughter he always responds "She isn't my daughter." Seriously? WTF? She is your blood therefore your daughter. Oh well, on with the rest of this post.

On Tuesday a co-worker of mine went around the room asking everyone about their tattoos. Shocked as they were to find out I had two. Well when our daily "BAM" meeting arrived, said co-worker finished the rap up by going around telling everyone how many tatts everyone in the room had. Of course most not knowing me AT ALL, they asked what mine were. "Cross on my hip and my daughters name in a heart on my chest." After knowing everyone in the office for more then a year and knowing no one can keep their mouths shut I was floored when one guy said.. "I didn't know you had a daughter." So the story began that she doesn't live with me, she will turn 4 in October. The next out of his mouth was, I have one of those. WHOA WHAT?!? He told me his story and I was floored. Here there are 3 birthparents in one office and I would have never known if hadn't been asked about my tatts.

It is sad to me how secretive this would is about being a birthparent. The pain, rejection, humiliation that comes along with it. But again it is another man that I have found not a woman and his pain is either hidden very well or not nearly as deep as mine. I can only pray that the rest of the world opens their eyes and learns adoption is better than abortion, but keeping the child is the least painful experience for everyone involved.

No comments: