Friday, February 03, 2006

Thanks to the birthmoms

I want to thank the birthmoms that I have talked to. You really feel alone, even though you know there are others that have been through everything you have. Feb 13 Olivia will be 4 months old. I remember my labor like it was yesterday...I wanted it to be longer, it ment more time for me to be in the same room as her. She came 2 weeks early....I wish she hadn't. Driving to Albany to be placed in a Hotel for a flight home in the morning....driving away from my daughter, Crying silently as we passed out of the Vermont State line...I was no longer in the same state as my daughter. I look at the stars every night, knowing that she will do the same one day, we will look at the same sky, thousands of miles away from one another.

4 comments:

petunia said...

Thank you for your honesty here on this blog. I hope the way you feel helps adopted moms. You are helping me understand a little more about where you are in all this. I feel so bad for you, how sad you are, how hurt. Olivia will know how much you loved her. It sounds like her adopted mom cares about you. She will always know you wanted what's best for her. I hope she can one day read what you have written to know just how much.

Jana said...

I'm adding you to my links too. Glad to see another birthmother out there blogging. My son Peter just turned 4 months at the end of January... you know I was thinking of the name Olivia for him if he was a girl? It's a beautiful name. Did you choose it, or did the a-parents, or did you choose it together?

Poor_Statue said...

Just saying hey and sending you hugs.

FauxClaud said...

Oh..Albany!! You were so close!! I am just 40 minutes South...God I wish I had known!!
Alone in a hotel with your thoughts late at night is no way to begin to be OK.